Golden Opportunity for Retail Market in Myanmar
- Rapid inflow of foreign direct investment (FDI). FDI was projected at 5 billion USD for 2014-2015 but was easily surpassed to 8.1 billion USD
- Myanmar’s estimated population of around 60 million offers a huge potential new market for imports and investment.
- Yangon with the estimated population of 7.3 million, has been ranked as one of Asia’s top 5 emerging investment spots by Asia Property Report.
- By 2040, Yangon is expected to join the ranks among others mega cities around the world
- Urbanization drives to rising demand of consumer products and new lifestyle, resulting to growing number of supermarkets, hypermarkets and shopping complexes.
- Myanmar Retailers Association foresees that the Myanmar retail industry will grow at an average annual rate of 16% in 2016-2018 due to the economic growth and change of lifestyle.